For most people, being involved in a car accident can be one of the more traumatic experiences one can experience in his or her life. This is especially true when you suffer severe injuries. When you or someone you love has been involved in a car wreck, you may need help navigating the legal waters.
That is why our team of Wesley Chapel car accident lawyers are so passionate about guiding injured victims through the daunting legal process to help them find justice.
Whether you have been involved in a minor fender bender or a serious, life-altering wreck, our injury attorneys can help. Give our office a call today to speak with an attorney about your case.
Common Causes of Car Accidents
In today’s world, people are less attentive behind the wheel than ever before. Smartphones have become ubiquitous in our society, meaning every driver is just one text message or app notification from taking their eyes off the road. Other irresponsible behavior behind the houston trucking accident attorney includes:
- Erratic lane changes
- Drunk driving
- Failure to yield to the right of way
- Running a stop sign or red light
- Driving at night
- Failure to follow traffic signs or signals
- Excessive speeding
- Failure to use turn signals
Frequent Car Accident Injuries
Car accident injuries can range from minor sprains and bruises to serious, fatal wounds. Some of the most common kinds of car accident injuries that may warrant the attention of a Wesley Chapel car accident attorney include:
- Burn wounds
- Neck or spinal cord injuries
- Head and brain injuries
- Fractured, broken or pulverized bones
Treatment for these injuries can be expensive and last many years. Initial treatment might be just the beginning of a lifetime of complications. Such injuries can limit a person’s ability to work and to enjoy life with their families.
Insurance companies will do all they can to give accident victims the smallest settlement they can get away with. Rarely do such settlements take into account the lifetime of pain and suffering that many accident victims face.
Compensation for Accident Victims
If you’ve been involved in a car accident, you may be entitled to the following kinds of damages:
- Medical costs and expenses. Whether you stayed one night in a hospital or expect to spend years in physical therapy recovering from your injury, no accident victim should have to foot the bill for an accident caused by someone else’s negligence. A Wesley Chapel auto accident lawyer can fight to get all current and future medical costs and expenses covered.
- Lost wages. Missing work to recuperate often means missing out on a paycheck. Families shouldn’t face financial stress because another driver was careless. We can recover your lost income.
- Pain and suffering. No amount of money can make up for the shock and pain of a car accident injury, but victims should be compensated for their trouble. Skilled lawyers will fight to get you the recompense you deserve for the turmoil you experienced.